So what causes crow’s feet? Squinting and your sleeping position or any habitual facial expression can eventually cause permanent wrinkles. Early intervention is important to avoid invasive and expensive procedures later.
Simple treatment methods include:
- Wearing sunglasses to prevent squinting and protect the skin around your eyes.
- Try sleeping on your back, face turned to the ceiling to avoid facial contact with the pillow. Sleeping on your stomach or sides means there is constant pressure on your face, over time this produces unwanted sleep lines.
- Protect yourself from the sun, apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater and wear a hat with a 4″ brim.
- Apply a non-irritating retinol cream with hyaluronic acid – such as JAS Anti-Aging Retinol Cream for superb rebuilding of collagen & moisturizing as part of your daily skincare routine.
- Other in-office procedures for treatment of Crow’s Feet and fine lines and wrinkles include: Botox, Lunch-Time Peels and Fraxel® laser.